The building address is 268 Keefer Street, between Main St and Gore Ave.
- Skytrain stations: Stadium-Chinatown, Main Street-Science World
- Bus routes: #22 on Pender/Gore, #3, 8, 19 on Main St, #14, 16, 20 on Hastings St
- Floors 5-8 is parkade managed by Impark. Its entrance/exit is on Keefer Street. The parkade opens daily at 7am and closes (becomes gated) at 7pm.
- Level 8B (on rooftop) is operated by BC Artscape, with monthly and daily parking rates offered to tenants and guests. Buy Parking Pass online
- For parking after 7pm, there is metered street parking, surface parking lots and parkade options in the area. Limited free parking can be found in neighbouring Strathcona or DTES, but please be aware of time limits and permit parking only.
NB: The Sun Wah Centre has not yet had an accessibility audit.
Some specifications of the building for your consideration:
- Building entrance at 268 Keefer Street is at street level with no steps
- Lobby has a ramp with handrail to reach the elevator
- Elevator access is available to each floor
Specifications of BC Artscape Sun Wah floors (Lower Ground, 3rd, 4th):
- One handicapped parking stall on rooftop parking level 8B. Buy Parking Pass online
- Washrooms are accessible & non gendered. Universal bathroom on each floor.
- Chairs in our flex spaces are without arms
- Assistance animals are welcome
- A number of our tenants have dogs. You may encounter some furry friends in common areas and elevators
Please let us know if you have any requests or need more info. Contact info[at]bcartscape[dot]ca
Accessibility Ratings: FULL/SEMI/NON
Wheelchair/ Scooter User /Mobility Limited Accessibility: main space FULL, bathrooms FULL.
Deaf and Hard of Hearing Accessibility: SEMI
Blind and Vision Limited Accessibility: SEMI
Scent Reduction/ Scent Free Accessibility: SEMI
Accessibilities Rating Key:
FULL: e.g. can freely access all publicly available spaces; scent policy in place and enforced; ASL, Braille, & other accommodations available at no charge to the individual; sliding scale available; etc.
SEMI: e.g. can access most/main activity spaces but not all public areas, some arrangements/changes required, some accommodations provided for deaf/HoH and blind/vision limited folks; adequate lighting for signing; limited scent policy; etc.
NON: e.g. can’t access main public areas; no scent policy in place; no ASL, Braille or other accommodations; inadequate lighting for signing; no sliding scale; etc.